Double-sided 4 piece wooden jigsaw cut in the shape of a penguin with it's cute baby.
Hand crafted by fair trade artisans in Sri Lanka using rubber wood from exhausted plantations which are re-planted. PVC free.
Not recommended for children under 36 months due to size and shape of pieces.
Assembled size approximately 7cm wide x 11cm high x 2.4cm deep.
To everyone employed by Lanka Kade their work is about more than just toys. It is about giving real opportunities to real people to enable their independence and give them the ability to provide for themselves and their families with pride.
Lanka Kade's Sri Lankan producers are independent businesses - most of which have developed from small family-run cottage industries. They are true artisans, skilled craftspeople in their own right, expanding to offer employment within their local communities.
Lanka Kade supports their development with continuity of orders, a fair price and also:
1. Training and advice in financial management, staff management, VAT accounting and cash flows.
2. Interest free long-term business loans.
3. Support to open and administer business bank accounts.
4. Free confidential accounting advice from a qualified Sri Lankan accountant.
5. Training in Health & Safety and First Aid for all employees.
6. Supplier support meetings and information exchange.
7. Support to understand and comply with the Fair Trade Principles.
Many of Lanka Kade's products are made from rubber wood sourced from exhausted plantations that are replanted. All of their products are PVC free and they strive to avoid excessive packaging.
Lanka Kade is the UK's biggest supplier of fair trade toys offering great educational and play value. The toys are designed in Leicestershire and made by family enterprises in Sri Lanka, which provides regular income to more than 200 families.